MSc in Health and Social Care
MSc in Health and Social care Management is the qualification developed for candidates interested in health and social care management. The program comprises two phases; the first phase is the Level 7 Diploma in Health and Social Care Management awarded by ATHE, an Ofqual regulated awarding body. The second phase is the MSc in Health and Social Care Management Top UP awarded by the UK Universities. Health and social Care Wellbeing, and Social Consideration (H&SC) consolidates components of humanism, science, sustenance, law, and morals. Ordinarily, understudies of Wellbeing and Social Consideration will have a work situation close by their scholastic investigations; such a position may happen in a nursery, private home, medical clinic, or other caring foundation. Others may take a well-being and social consideration course to advance capabilities trusting that it will prompt work inside the segment.
Note: The Postgraduate degree courses are dual qualifications consisting of Level 7 Diploma (OFQUAL certificates) + Top-up programme awarded by partner universities.
- This Course is to develop learners understanding of policy and management theory. It helps in your practice in health and social care.
- it provides learners with an opportunity to solve with the challenges faced. Further it will provide vital knowledge.
- It enhances the ability to work as an effective manager in the social care industry. Moreover, it combines both theoretical and practical knowledge.
- On successful completion of the course the students will be able to demonstrate their proficiency in the various health care practices which will improve their chances of making a successful career progression in the UK and others worldwide
- Availability of flexible study options such as, MBA (Top Up) at many universities in the United Kingdom and others worldwide.
Learners are able to:
- Access All course materials, including online modules and written assignments
- Gain Teacher support
- Access Alex Business School online portal (24/7 access to our user-friendly learning portal)
- Acquire Assignments briefing
- Receive Excellent quality of study notes
- Obtain Assignment marking and feedback
- Gain Fully accredited UK courses
- Receive Dedicated customer support via chat, telephone, and email (Monday to Friday)
- Gain Full support until the completion of the course
You may find opportunities to get healthcare experience in your local hospital, doctor’s surgery or nursing home. Depending on your career interests, you could also work for a mental health trust or a centre for homeless people. Experience of mentoring, counselling or befriending may also be useful for social work and related careers. Other relevant experience includes working in a community setting or at fitness centres in health promotion.
You can also find work in the voluntary sector and with medical charities and not-for-profit organisations. There are a range of opportunities in the private sector, working, for example, in private healthcare organisations as a lifestyle consultant or working in alternative medicine and therapies. Many of these options involve being self-employed.
|Course||MSc in Health and Social Care Management|
|Mode of Study||Online Learning|
Hybrid Learning (Blended)
|Assessments||Assignment only (No Exam)|
£ 6,250 (Hybrid or Blended)The course tuition fee listed above does NOT include the top-up fees
- Design (Evaluate) a health services work environment that drives quality results and manages business, compliance, and customer risks.
- Leverage sound business principles and technology to guide day-to-day operational, strategic, and clinical decisions that ensure delivery of value-based health care.
- Formulate business plans to achieve organizational goals within the market it operates and aligned with health policy, governance, and regulatory/legal entities
- Demonstrate strategic thinking, continual improvement, and change management skills.
- Promote ethics and social responsibility at all levels of health services and management.
Jobs where your degree would be useful include:
- Anatomical pathology technologist
- Dental therapist
- Personal trainer
- Adult nurse
- Dental technician
- Occupational therapist
- Youth worker
- Special educational needs coordinator (SENCO)
- Dental hygienist
- Physician associate
- Social worker
Students who have completed ATHE Level 7 Diploma in Health and Social Care Management will only be eligible for the MSc in Health and Social Care Management Top-up or globally they can pursue their career in another sector.
This programme is accredited by Ofqual Awarding body ATHE
We accept candidates who have achieved a wide range of credentials, including any post-16 qualification in the UK. Functional, Vocational and other essential skills are recognised and taken from all around the world.
- We normally require a second-class honours degree (2:2) or above
- Applicant must demonstrate a minimum of two years continuous workplace experience gained in a managerial or Professional job following graduation
- The most commonly accepted evidence of English language ability is IELTS 5 (with a minimum of 6.0 in all components)
- Applicants without an IELTS should take an internal English test with Alex Business School admission team.
If you do not meet the entry requirements as mentioned above, please contact us to find out other possible entry routes.
The MSc in Health and Social Care is of 180 credits which can be acquired through two stages.
Stage 1 The Level 7 Diploma in Healthcare Management Learners must complete all units in Level 7 achieve 120 credits to get admission to the Top-up programme.
|Managing Finance in the Public Sector|
|International Healthcare Policy|
|Manage Continuous Organisational Improvement|
|Developing Organisational Vision and Strategic Direction|
|Research for Senior Managers|
|Strategic Resource Management|
|Corporate Communications Strategies|
* These modules are core and must be passed in order to achieve the award
Stage 2 MSc in Health and Social Care Management (Top-up)
The top-up comprises the final 60 credits which consist of either a dissertation or a dissertation and one module
|University of Bolton Distance Learning Top-up Program|
|MSc in Health and Social Care Management (Top-up)|
Assessment is by completing assignments and meeting the criteria for each of the modules. These assignments are meant to demonstrate your achievement of learning objectives. All units within this qualification are internally assessed via exams and jobs, which the awarding organisation externally verifies.
The assignments submitted by learners must achieve the learning outcomes and meet the standards specified by the assessment criteria for the unit. Learners can make pass, merit or distinction grade depending on the quality of assignments and questions attempted. To achieve a merit or distinction grade, the learners must demonstrate that they have met all the criteria set for these grades.