Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training
This qualification has been created for learners who wish to become fully qualified as further education teachers, with the possibility of gaining the professional status of Qualified Teacher Learning and Skills (QTLS).
This Level 5 Diploma offers an opportunity for career development as colleges and other places of further education and many other sector employers generally require this level of qualification or at least a commitment to gain this upon employment.
This teaching qualification covers curriculum areas within further education.
The qualification comprises a combination of mandatory and optional units
The qualification is for learners who:
Work, or want to work as teachers/trainers in the further education and skills sector.
• Have just started a teaching/training role.
• Are pre-service and in-service learners who need a teaching qualification to confirm occupational competence for their role as a teacher, trainer or tutor within an FE college, Adult and Community Learning Centre or training provider.
• Are teachers/trainers who are seeking career progression in their area of work.
• Are learners who teach in industry.
• Are learners who have already achieve some Learning and Development units that can be counted in this qualification.
• Are assessors who wish to achieve a teaching/training qualification.
Duration – 10 Months