MBA Master of Business Administration
An MBA is widely seen as a passport to a successful career. It demonstrates the breadth and depth of your functional competence, strategic knowledge, and problem-solving ability. It will also update your management toolkit and give you a broader stronger profile to enhance your career. Critically, we take a strategic perspective on business and management that helps you develop the skills to contribute to the major business decisions organisations have to make about their future. This MBA is not just an academic course. By exploring and examining real-life business problems to work on and solve, you enhance your own understanding of how a business works.
Completing an MBA can lead to a better salary, improved professional reputation and a massively expanded network of business contacts. If you are a graduate with ambitions for a successful Executive career, an MBA could be just what you require.
Note: The MBA degree courses are dual qualifications consisting of Level 7 Diploma (OFQUAL certificate) + Top-up programme awarded by partner universities.
An MBA graduate can pursue a fruitful career in many industries. MBA can open career opportunities in a wide array of sectors such as banking and financial services, investment banking, management consulting, insurance, hospitality, media, information technology (IT) and marketing. MBA is often a pathway to promotion, or a career change as you will gain professional reputation and develop essential skills in the sector one chooses to pursue.
|MBA Master of Business Administration
|180 (120 + 60)
|Mode of Study
Hybrid Learning (Blended)
|Assignment only (No Exam)
£ 6,250 (Hybrid or Blended)The course tuition fee listed above does NOT include the top-up fees
- Demonstrated you can apply knowledge and skills at a strategic level
- Undertaken activities that have improved your own organisation
- Used your personal development and planning skills to contribute to society and the workplace
- Used your problem-solving skills to find innovative solutions
- Shown genuine deep knowledge in your chosen specialist area
- Taken a world view, demonstrating that you understand global issues, diversity and ethical questions
- Developed your communication skills
By earning an MBA, you will be prepared to take on senior leadership roles in any organisation or corporation, both public and private. An MBA (Top-Up) qualification will provide you with the abilities you need to advance to a senior management position in a variety of sectors throughout the world. Employers strongly respect the specialised talents you’ll have after graduating, providing you a competitive advantage in the employment market. MBA graduates can pick from a variety of professional paths, including but not limited to the ones listed below.
- Chief Technology Officer
- Information Technology Director
- Senior Database Administrator
- Senior Management Consultant
- Sales Director
- Investment Banker
- Investment Manager
- Financial Manager
- Human Resources Director
- Computer and Information Systems Manager
Your MBA degree did what it was rightfully meant to do – it gave you new perspectives about careers you’d never have thought about, your electives gave you insights into each of these new areas. But a general management degree may not be able to do justice as it may fail to develop deeper into a specific area. So, even with an MBA, you may end up with the feeling that you lack the required expertise and knowledge needed to pursue a career in this newfound area of interest.
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- Certification in Risk Management Assurance (CRMA)
- Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM)
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
This programme is accredited by Ofqual Awarding body ATHE
For entry onto the Master of Business Administration (MBA) Top up in Business Management qualification, learners must possess:
- An honours degree in related subject or UK level 6 diploma or equivalent overseas qualification i.e., Bachelor’s Degree or Higher National Diploma
- Mature learners (over 25) with at least 5 years of management experience
- The most commonly accepted evidence of English language ability is IELTS 5 (with a minimum of 6.0 in all components)
- Applicants without an IELTS should take an internal English test with Alex Business School admission team.
- If you do not meet the entry requirements as mentioned above, please contact us to find out other possible entry routes.
The MBA is of 180 credits which can be acquired through two stages.
Stage 1 ATHE Level 7 Extended Diploma in Strategic Management
Learners must complete all units in Level 7 achieve 120 credits to get admission to the MBA Top-up program.
|Finance for Strategic Managers
|Research for Strategic Development
|Personal Development for Leadership and Strategic Management
|Developing Organizational Vision and Strategic Direction
|Corporate Communication Strategies
|Strategic Human Resource Management
* These modules are core and must be passed in order to achieve the award
Stage 2 MBA (Master of Business Administration) (Top-up)
The top-up comprises the final 60 credits which consist of either a dissertation or a dissertation and one module
Students can choose from 5 specialised pathways as below:
- International Business
- Human Resource Management
Assessment is by completing assignments and meeting the criteria for each of the modules. These assignments are meant to demonstrate your achievement of learning objectives. All units within this qualification are internally assessed via exams and jobs, which the awarding organisation externally verifies.
The assignments submitted by learners must achieve the learning outcomes and meet the standards specified by the assessment criteria for the unit. Learners can make pass, merit or distinction grade depending on the quality of assignments and questions attempted. To achieve a merit or distinction grade, the learners must demonstrate that they have met all the criteria set for these grades.