MSc Accountancy and Financial Management
MSc Accountancy and Financial Management is one of the best courses to study at Alex Business School. This course is for Accounting and Finance professionals and is at the very heart of business operations. From banking to manufacturing, from huge service industries to micro businesses, the ability to manage, plan and account for money is still the ultimate measure of business success and the key driver of growth. Many accountants occupy key managerial positions in business, yet few are qualified managers. In the increasingly complex modern business environment, there is a high demand for skilled professionals who can work flexibly in teams across business boundaries. The qualification equips learners with the essential skills and knowledge needed to pursue high level careers in all types of organisations in the public and private sector and within industry and commerce, both in the UK and abroad.
Note: The Postgraduate degree courses are dual qualifications consisting of Level 7 Diploma (OFQUAL certificates) + Top-up programme awarded by partner universities
- MSc Accountancy and Financial Management provides theoretical understanding and key skills to further your career in a range of finance-related professions. We aim to equip you with essential accounting and finance capabilities, including critical analysis, research and advanced numeracy.
- Today’s business managers need to analyse and interpret financial information and use this to inform business strategy. This course will help you develop this expertise and give you an in-depth understanding of the contemporary issues encountered by financial managers.
Learners are able to:
- Access All course materials, including online modules and written assignments
- Gain Teacher support
- Access Alex Business School online portal (24/7 access to our user-friendly learning portal)
- Acquire Assignments briefing
- Receive Excellent quality of study notes
- Obtain Assignment marking and feedback
- Gain Fully accredited UK courses
- Receive Dedicated customer support via chat, telephone, and email (Monday to Friday)
- Gain Full support until the completion of the course
The Prominent graduate recruiters are substantial multinational accountancy firms. They use large-scale recruitment campaigns to attract the most promising graduates and have high minimum requirements. There are also opportunities in small to medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) that specialise in a particular work or local area. In the UK, a cluster of public sector jobs is available in central London, with others nationwide.
|Course||MSc Accountancy and Financial Management|
|Credits||180 (120 + 60)|
|Mode of Study||Online Learning|
Hybrid Learning (Blended)
|Assessments||Assignment only (No Exam)|
£ 6,250 (Hybrid or Blended)
The course tuition fee listed above does NOT include the top-up fees
- Work with large volumes of numerical data
- Know and apply accounting and finance theory
- Explain and apply international accounting standards
- Critically applying accounting and finance theories and principles in strategic and operational business environments
- Solve research problems/ questions
- Developing your skills in data analysis, diagnostics, and research
- Demonstrate skills in time management
- Critically evaluate financial statement information
The MSc in Accountancy and Financial management programme is one of the most popular programmes among those who want to start their own business as an entrepreneur. Graduates also choose from the following career path but not limited.
- Business Planner
- Investment Banker
- Asset Manager
- Investment Management
- Senior Management Consultant
- Business Manager
- Financial Manager
Successful completion of Extended Diploma in Accounting and Finance enables learners to progress into or within employment and /or continue their further study. As this qualification is approved and regulated by Ofqual (Office of the qualifications and Examinations Regulation), learners are able to progress onto a Master’s top-up degrees in accounting and finance-related subjects
This programme is accredited by Ofqual Awarding body ATHE
We accept candidates who have achieved a wide range of credentials, including any post-16 qualification in the UK. Functional, Vocational and other essential skills are recognised and taken from all around the world.
- We normally require a second-class honours degree (2:2) or above
- Applicant must demonstrate a minimum of two years continuous workplace experience gained in a managerial or Professional job following graduation
- The most commonly accepted evidence of English language ability is IELTS 5 (with a minimum of 6.0 in all components)
- Applicants without an IELTS should take an internal English test with Alex Business School admission team.
- If you do not meet the entry requirements as mentioned above, please contact us to find out other possible entry routes.
MSc Accountancy and Financial Management degree is of 180 credits which can be acquired through two stages.
Level 7 Extended Diploma in Accounting and Finance is made up of the following modules and, upon completion, is equal to a total of 120 credits.
|Corporate Reporting for Strategic Business –Advanced|
|Core Financial Management-Advanced|
|Management for Strategic Performance –Advanced|
|UK Taxation for Business and Individuals|
|Audit and Compliance Advanced|
* These modules are core and must be passed in order to achieve the award
Stage 2 MSc Accountancy and Financial Management (Top-Up)
University Progression: On completion of this level 7 Extended Diploma in Accounting and Finance course, students have the opportunity to complete a MSc Accountancy and Financial Management (Top-Up) from a range of UK universities. The top-up programme can be studied online and comprises the final 60 credits
|University of Bolton Distance Learning Top-up Program|
|MSc Accountancy and Financial Management (Top-Up)|
Assessment is by completing assignments and meeting the criteria for each of the modules. These assignments are meant to demonstrate your achievement of learning objectives. All units within this qualification are internally assessed via exams and jobs, which the awarding organisation externally verifies.
The assignments submitted by learners must achieve the learning outcomes and meet the standards specified by the assessment criteria for the unit. Learners can make pass, merit or distinction grade depending on the quality of assignments and questions attempted. To achieve a merit or distinction grade, the learners must demonstrate that they have met all the criteria set for these grades.