MSc in Project Management
Level 7 Diploma in Project Management – 6 – 8 Months
MSc in Project Management (TopUp): 3 – 6 Months
This MSc in Project Management qualification is designed to meet the needs of senior managers responsible for projects and provide a comprehensive understanding of the fundamental topics needed to manage business projects within a complex and ever-changing environment. This qualification will develop a deeper understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of project, programme and portfolio management and facilitate the essential skills and competencies necessary to plan, monitor, control and deliver successful projects, programmes and portfolios.
Note: The MBA degree courses are dual qualifications consisting of Level 7 Diploma (OFQUAL certificate) + Top-up programme awarded by partner universities
Why should I choose this Diploma?
MSc in Project Management Qualification will develop the Learner’s ability to apply analytical and evaluative techniques and to enhance those skills, investigate issues and opportunities, develop their awareness and appreciation of managerial, organisational and environmental issues, use management techniques and practices in imaginative ways, make use of relevant information from different sources, develop and encourage problem solving and creativity to tackle problems and challenges, exercise judgement, own and take responsibility for decisions and actions and develop the ability to recognise and reflect on personal learning and improve their personal, social and other transferable skills
Learners can :
- Access All course materials, including online modules and written assignments
- Gain Teacher support
- Access Alex Business School online portal (24/7 access to our user-friendly learning portal)
- Acquire Assignments briefing
- Receive Excellent quality of study notes
- Obtain Assignment marking and feedback
- Gain Fully accredited UK courses
- Receive Dedicated customer support via chat, telephone, and email (Monday to Friday)
- Gain Full support until the completion of the course
There are a huge number of jobs available to you with this qualification, in almost every sector of business. All businesses, from small to multi-national companies need managers who can plan effectively, manage human resources efficiently and solve any problems quickly and competently. most businesses send their employees on training courses that cover this topic to one degree or another. However, it is a very useful weapon to have on your résumé. If you are in a management role and want to improve your skill set or, you are going for an interview for a project management role, being able to actually prove, on paper, that you are skilled in leading and managing projects will greatly improve your chances of getting the position over another candidate or in combination with a business diploma can give you all the skills required to start your own business.
|Course Name||MSc in Project Management|
|Mode of Study||Online Learning|
Hybrid Learning (Blended)
|Assessments||Assignment only (No Exam)|
£ 6,250 (Hybrid or Blended)(The course tuition fee listed above does NOT include the top-up fees)
After studying this course, you should be able to:
- develop plans with relevant people to achieve the project’s goals
- break work down into tasks and determine handover procedures
- identify links and dependencies, and schedule to achieve deliverables
- estimate and cost the human and physical resources required, and make plans to obtain the necessary resources
- allocate roles with clear lines of responsibility and accountability.
The beauty of being a good project manager with experience and the right skills is that you don’t have to get bored staying in the same industry or with the same company. If you feel tedium setting in, you can apply your skills and knowledge to any number of different fields. You may wish to consider applying for a position in one of the following roles:
- A project manager
- General manager
- Operations manager
- Human resource manager
- Accounts manager
- Business manager
- Or any other management role
Achieving the OTHM Level 7 Diploma in Project Management qualification enables learners to progress into or within employment and/or continue their further studies. As this qualification is approved and regulated by Ofqual, learners are eligible to progress to a Master’s top-up programme at many optional universities in the UK and overseas with advanced standing The top-up programme can be studied online or on campus.
The Diploma in Project Management programme is accredited by OTHM, an Ofqual regulated awarding body.
For entry onto the Level 7 Diploma in Project Management leading to the MSc Project Management qualification, learners must possess:
- An honours degree in related subject or UK level 6 diploma or equivalent overseas qualification i.e., Bachelor’s Degree or Higher National Diploma OR
- Mature learners (over 25) with at least 5 years of management experience if they do not possess the above. Please get in touch with us to discuss the specific requirements for your country. If you do not meet the entry requirements as mentioned above, please contact us to find out other possible entry routes.
MSc in Project Management degree is of 180 credits which can be acquired through two stages.
Stage : 1
Level 7 Diploma in Project Management is made up of the following modules and, upon completion, is equal to a total of 120 credits.
|Planning Controlling and Leading a Project|
|Procurement Risk and Contract Management|
|Advanced Project and Logistics Management|
|Operations and Information Management for Project Managers|
|Advanced Research Methods|
* These modules are core and must be passed in order to achieve the award
Stage 2 MSc in Project Management (TopUp)
Examples of University Progression
|UNIVERSITY OF CHICHESTER DISTANCE LEARNING TOP -UP PROGRAM|
|MSc in Project Management (top-up)|
Assessment is by completing assignments and meeting the criteria for each of the modules. These assignments are meant to demonstrate your achievement of learning objectives. All units within this qualification are internally assessed via exams and jobs, which the awarding organisation externally verifies.
The assignments submitted by learners must achieve the learning outcomes and meet the standards specified by the assessment criteria for the unit. Learners can make pass, merit or distinction grade depending on the quality of assignments and questions attempted. To achieve a merit or distinction grade, the learners must demonstrate that they have met all the criteria set for these grades.