BA (Hons) Business and Management
Business and related subjects such as Finance, Accounting, Management and Economics are among the most popular fields of study at university. There is a high demand for business graduates worldwide.
The programme has a strong emphasis on preparing students for the job market. It covers business functions, fundamental theories and issues related to leadership and management, business law and ethics organisational analysis. The student will learn how products and services are created, marketed and sold, how to manage people and resources and the impact of the entire business environment.
The programme has a strong emphasis on enhancing your employability skills through workshops, events, and individual and groups work projects designed by our expert teaching staff.
Note: The Bachelor’s degree courses are dual qualifications consisting of Level 4 & 5 Diploma (OFQUAL certificates) + Top-up programme awarded by partner universities.
Why should I choose this course?
For the aspiring entrepreneurs and business leaders, a business management degree is consistently a popular choice. It provides the academic knowledge and skills to pursue global career opportunities and helps you develop a broad understanding of businesses and specific areas such as finance and human resources. But if you’re still not 100% sure if a business management degree is for you, here are five reasons that will convince you.
1.Develop key management skills
3. An introduction to the business world
4. Be your own boss
5. Learn about multiple disciplines
Learners are able to:
- Access All course materials, including online modules and written assignments.
- Gain Teacher support.
- Access Alex Business School online portal (24/7 access to our user-friendly learning portal).
- Acquire Assignments briefing.
- Receive Excellent quality of study notes.
- Obtain Assignment marking and feedback.
- Gain Fully accredited UK courses.
- Receive Dedicated customer support via chat, telephone, and email (Monday to Friday).
- Gain Full support until the completion of the course.
Students who choose to study business management at university graduate with highly desirable transferable skills and strong business knowledge, two things that are sought after by potential employers. As you progress through your business management degree you will be able to shape the direction of your career, choosing a specialist area of business that interests you such as entrepreneurship or human resource management. Graduates of business management are presented with a variety of job opportunities in:
- Marketing and advertising
- Human resources
- Retail and sales
|Course||BA (Hons) Business and Management|
|Mode of Study||Online Learning|
Hybrid Learning (Blended)
|Assessments||Assignment only (No Exam)|
£10,000 (Hybrid)(The course tuition fee listed above does NOT include the top-up fees)
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of key business foundation disciplines, such as business environment, accounting and finance, operations, marketing, business information systems, people and organisation behaviour and research
- Evaluate and critique the range of activities within the key business functional areas and their interrelationship and interconnectedness
- Analyse theories and concepts of strategic management, leadership and innovation within a changing environment
- Create, evaluate and assess options to enable effective problem solving and decision-making, using appropriate qualitative, quantitative and ICT techniques and skills
- Deal critically with organisational issues and be able to produce solutions and action plans
- Actively engage in business and marketing briefs and activities that encourage enterprise and entrepreneurial capability
- Develop appropriate research skills using qualitative and quantitative and ICT techniques and skills
- Critically evaluate information, arguments and concepts
- Display a range of personal and interpersonal skills, such as continuous learning, time management, teamwork, and effective communication. These skills are beneficial for a professional career as well as further studies
Jobs directly related to your degree:
- Business Analyst
- Risk Manager
- Chartered Management Accountant
- Project Manager
- Actuarial Analyst
- Corporate Investment Banker
- Business Adviser
- Business Development Manager
- Data analyst
- Management Consultant
- Forensic Accountant
- Supply chain manager
After the completion of this BA (HONS.) Business & Management graduates can apply for postgraduate programs or globally they can pursue their career in business management sector.
This programme is accredited by Ofqual Awarding body ATHE
We accept candidates who have achieved a wide range of credentials, including any post-16 qualification in the UK. Functional, Vocational and other essential skills are recognised and taken from all around the world. Please get in touch with us to discuss the specific requirements for your country. Please get in touch with us to discuss the specific requirements for your country. If you do not meet the entry requirements as mentioned above, please contact us to find out other possible entry routes.
The BA (Hons.) degree is of 360 credits which can be acquired through two stages.
Stage : 1
Level 4 & 5 Extended Diploma in Business and Management is made up of the following modules and, upon completion, is equal to a total of 240 credits.
|YEAR 1 (Level 4)||YEAR 2 (Level 5)|
|Communication Skills for Business||Business Organizations in a Global Context|
|Corporate Social Responsibility|
|Finance for Managers|
|Managing a work-based Team Project||Managing Communication|
|Marketing Principles and Practice|
|Financial and Management Accounting techniques for Managers||People Management|
|People in Organizations||Information for strategic Decision Making|
|Small Business Enterprise|
|The Business Environment|
* These modules are core and must be passed in order to achieve the award
Stage 2 BA (Hons) BUSINESS AND MANAGEMENT (Top-up)
University Progression: On completion of this level 4 and 5 Extended Diploma in Business and Management course, students have the opportunity to complete a Bachelor degree programme (Top up) from a range of UK universities. The top-up programme can be studied online and comprises the final 120 credits
Examples of University Progression
|University of Northampton Distance Learning Top-up Program|
|BA (Hons) Business and Management (top-up)|
|Anglia Ruskin University Distance Learning Top-up Program|
|BA Hons Management Top-Up|
|University of Bolton Distance Learning Top-up Program|
|BSc (Hons) Business Management Top-Up|
Assessment is by completing assignments and meeting the criteria for each of the modules. These assignments are meant to demonstrate your achievement of learning objectives. All units within this qualification are internally assessed via exams and jobs, which the awarding organisation externally verifies.
The assignments submitted by learners must achieve the learning outcomes and meet the standards specified by the assessment criteria for the unit. Learners can make pass, merit or distinction grade depending on the quality of assignments and questions attempted. To achieve a merit or distinction grade, the learners must demonstrate that they have met all the criteria set for these grades.