Level 7 Extended Diploma in Computing Technologies
ATHE Level 7 Extended Diploma in Computing Technologies is a Ofqual regulated qualification. It provides the core knowledge, understanding and skills to support learners planning to further their studies and careers in the field of computing technologies. The qualification has been developed in collaboration with subject experts, colleges, higher education institutions and businesses to ensure the qualification meets their needs.
Level 7 Extended Diploma in Computing Technologies has been designed for learners who wish to develop the skills and knowledge required for roles in higher management. By completing the Level 7 Extended Diploma in Computing Technologies, there are a number of progression opportunities. Learners may have the opportunity to progress to MSc top up in Computing or a related subject, or an MBA top-up
|Diploma – Level 7
|Mode of Study
Hybrid Learning (Blended)
|8– 12 Months,
|Assignment only (No Exam)
- Analyze a complex computing problem and apply principles of computing and other relevant disciplines to identify solutions.
- Function effectively as a member or leader of a team engaged in activities appropriate to the program’s discipline.
- Communicate effectively in a variety of professional contexts.
- Apply computer science theory and software development fundamentals to produce computing- based solutions.
- Design, implement, and evaluate a computing-based solution to meet a given set of computing requirements in the context of the program’s discipline.
- Recognize professional responsibilities and make informed judgments in computing practice based on legal and ethical principles.
Below is a list of some of the most sought-after careers in computers, what professionals actually do in those careers, and the education necessary for career success:
- Software engineer
- Web developer
- Computer programmer
- Database Administrator
- Computer hardware engineer
- Network architect
- Systems analyst
Successful completion of Level 7 Extended Diploma in Computing Technologies enables learners to progress into or within employment and/or continue their further study. As this qualification is approved and regulated by Ofqual (Office of the Qualifications and Examinations Regulation), learners are eligible to progress to MSc top up in Computing or a related subject, or an MBA top-up
Progression to an MBA and MSc top-up at a range of university partners – Alex Business School learners can get progressions to the following Universities.
Learners are required to complete 7 units to achieve the 120 credits required to gain the Level 7 Extended Diploma in Computing Technologies
|Managing Innovation and Change in Computing
|Systems Development and User Experience (UX)
|Implementing and Managing Cyber Security
|Business Intelligence Systems
|Internet of Things (IoT)
|Computer-based Research Methods
* These modules are core and must be passed in order to achieve the award
Assessment is by completing assignments and meeting the criteria for each of the modules. These assignments are meant to demonstrate your achievement of learning objectives. All units within this qualification are internally assessed via exams and jobs, which the awarding organisation externally verifies.
The assignments submitted by learners must achieve the learning outcomes and meet the standards specified by the assessment criteria for the unit. Learners can make pass, merit or distinction grade depending on the quality of assignments and questions attempted. To achieve a merit or distinction grade, the learners must demonstrate that they have met all the criteria set for these grades.