Level 6 Diploma in Healthcare Management
The ATHE Level 6 Diploma in Healthcare Management is a 120-credit Ofqual-regulated qualification and is the equivalent level to the third year of a bachelor’s degree. This qualification has been designed for learners who are seeking to progress to higher education to take an MBA programme in an area of healthcare management. This qualification aims to develop learners understanding of management and to develop key management skills. As well as the Extended Diploma option (120-credit) there is a range of certificates and awards available.
- The objective of the Level 6 Diploma in Healthcare Management qualification is to equip learners with the underpinning knowledge and to possess the understanding and skills required for a career in the health care sector at a managerial level.
- The Diploma in health care management enables learners to demonstrate their skills by producing evidence from their work activities, to meet national occupational standards. Learners will acquire care management skills in the Healthcare sector
- Access All course materials, including online modules and written assignments
- Gain Teacher support
- Access Alex Business School online portal (24/7 access to our user-friendly learning portal)
- Acquire Assignments briefing
- Receive Excellent quality of study notes
- Obtain Assignment marking and feedback
- Gain Fully accredited UK courses
- Receive Dedicated customer support via chat, telephone, and email (Monday to Friday)
- Gain Full support until the completion of the course
Level 6 Diploma in Healthcare Management course is to develop learners understanding of policy and management theory. It helps in your practice in healthcare management. Also, it provides learners with an opportunity to solve with the challenges faced. Further it will provide vital knowledge. It enhances the ability to work as an effective manager in the social care industry. Moreover, it combines both theoretical and practical knowledge.
|Diploma – Level 6
|Mode of Study
Hybrid Learning (Blended)
|8 -12 Months,
|Assignment only (No Exam)
£ 5,000 (Hybrid or Blended)
- The ability to read and use appropriate literature with a full and critical understanding the ability to think independently and solve problems
- Applying subject knowledge and understanding to address familiar and unfamiliar problems
- Recognising the moral and ethical issues of health and social care practice and research; appreciating the need for ethical standards and professional codes of conduct
- An appreciation of the interdisciplinary nature of health and social care service provision
- Capacity to give a clear and accurate account of a subject, in a mature way and engage in debate and dialogue both with specialists and non-specialists.
- To develop transferable skills and knowledge which will enable individuals to meet changing
- To motivate individuals to progress to further professional development through future study or as part of their chosen career
- Adult nurse
- Care home manager
- Care worker
- Children’s nurse
- Health promotion / education specialist
- Health service manager
- Learning disability nurse
- Mental health nurse
Learners who complete this qualification can progress onto an MSc programme at a higher education institution such as the University of Portsmouth, or onto the ATHE Level 7 Diploma in Healthcare Management.
This programme is accredited by Ofqual Awarding body ATHE
We accept candidates who have achieved a wide range of credentials, including any post-16 qualification in the UK. Functional, Vocational, and other essential skills are recognised and taken from all around the world. Please get in touch with us to discuss the specific requirements for your country.
If you do not meet the entry requirements as mentioned above, please contact us to find out other possible entry routes.
Learners are required to complete 10 units to achieve the 120 credits required to gain the Level 6 Diploma in Healthcare management
|International Healthcare Policy
|Managing Quality and Service Delivery
|Leadership and Management
|Personal Leadership and Management Development
|Managing Finance in the Public Sector
|Human Resource Management
|Manage Sustainability in an Organisation
* These modules are core and must be passed to achieve the award
Assessment is by completing assignments and meeting the criteria for each of the modules. These assignments are meant to demonstrate your achievement of learning objectives. All units within this qualification are internally assessed via exams and jobs, which the awarding organisation externally verifies.
The assignments submitted by learners must achieve the learning outcomes and meet the standards specified by the assessment criteria for the unit. Learners can make pass, merit or distinction grade depending on the quality of assignments and questions attempted. To achieve a merit or distinction grade, the learners must demonstrate that they have met all the criteria set for these grades.