Level 5 Extended Diploma in Management for Health and Social Care
- Level 5 Extended Diploma in Management for Health and Social Care
- Modules and Assessment
- Related Courses
The ATHE Level 5 Extended Diploma in Management for Health and Social Care is a 120-credit Ofqual regulated qualification and is the equivalent level to the second year of a bachelor’s degree. This qualification has been designed for learners who are seeking to progress to a higher education institution to take the third year of a bachelor’s degree course in an area of management within the healthcare sector. The qualification is intended to evolve and remunerate the health and social care workers of today and the future and to keep on bringing recognition and professionalism to the health and social care division. The underlying principle of the course is to ensure a career path for learners who wish to build their care capacities within the health and social care department. The result of the Diploma, which is an accepted UK qualification, is for the aspirants to expertise the skills needed by organisations worldwide.
- The ATHE Level 5Health and Social Care Diploma will help prepare a student with everything that they require to achieve success during their term as an undergraduate student here in the UK.
- Level 5Health and Social care diploma at Alex Business School will help international students in becoming academically adept at pursuing higher education here in the United Kingdom.
- A first track route to Alex Business School and other prestigious UK universities for students who have a lack in British A-level or equivalent qualifications.
- Access All course materials, including online modules and written assignments
- Gain Teacher support
- Access Alex Business School online portal (24/7 access to our user-friendly learning portal)
- Acquire Assignments briefing
- Receive Excellent quality of study notes
- Obtain Assignment marking and feedback
- Gain Fully accredited UK courses
- Receive Dedicated customer support via chat, telephone, and email (Monday to Friday)
- Gain Full support until the completion of the course
Level 5 Extended Diploma in Health and Social Care course is to develop learners understanding of policy and management theory. It helps in your practice in health and social care. Also, it provides learners with an opportunity to solve with the challenges faced. Further it will provide vital knowledge. It enhances the ability to work as an effective manager in the social care industry. Moreover, it combines both theoretical and practical knowledge.
|Level||Diploma – Level 5,|
|Mode of Study||Online Learning /Hybrid Learning (Blended)|
|Assessments||Assignment only (No Exam)|
|Fees||£2,750(Online)/ £ 5,000 (Hybrid or Blended)|
- The ability to read and use appropriate literature with a full and critical understanding the ability to think independently and solve problems.
- Applying subject knowledge and understanding to address familiar and unfamiliar problems .
- Recognising the moral and ethical issues of health and social care practice and research; appreciating the need for ethical standards and professional codes of conduct
- An appreciation of the interdisciplinary nature of health and social care service provision .
- Capacity to give a clear and accurate account of a subject, in a mature way and engage in debate and dialogue both with specialists and non-specialists
- To develop transferable skills and knowledge which will enable individuals to meet changing.
- To motivate individuals to progress to further professional development through future study or as part of their chosen career.
- Adult nurse.
- Care home manager.
- Care worker.
- Children’s nurse.
- Health promotion / education specialist.
- Health service manager.
- Learning disability nurse.
- Mental health nurse.
Successful completion of the Level 5 Health and Social Care Diploma enables learners’ direct entry into Year 3rd of a three-year UK postgraduate programme or pursue Level 6 Diploma in Healthcare Management or another sector.
This programme is accredited by Ofqual Awarding body ATHE
We accept candidates who have achieved a wide range of credentials, including any post-16 qualification in the UK. Functional, Vocational and other essential skills are recognised and taken from all around the world. Please get in touch with us to discuss the specific requirements for your country.
If you do not meet the entry requirements as mentioned above, please contact us to find out other possible entry routes.
Learners are required to complete 8 units to achieve the 120 credits required to gain the Level 5 Extended Diploma in Management for Health and Social Care
|Facilitating Change in Health and Social Care|
|Leading Practice in Health and Social Care|
|Managing Quality in Health and Social Care|
|Management of Safeguarding for Health and Social Care|
* These modules are core and must be passed in order to achieve the award
Assessment is by completing assignments and meeting the criteria for each of the modules. These assignments are meant to demonstrate your achievement of learning objectives. All units within this qualification are internally assessed via exams and jobs, which the awarding organisation externally verifies.
The assignments submitted by learners must achieve the learning outcomes and meet the standards specified by the assessment criteria for the unit. Learners can make pass, merit or distinction grade depending on the quality of assignments and questions attempted. To achieve a merit or distinction grade, the learners must demonstrate that they have met all the criteria set for these grades.